Saturday, 13 November 2010 00:00
Finally, Version 5.0 of AudioExpert has been released! A lot of new features and also some bugfixes are included in this version.
New features / changes
- Rating for tracks (0-5 stars)
- Changing fontsize and colors in the settings dialog.
- Disk number tag will be supported. You can change the disknumber easily in the album properties dialog.
- Albums that consist of more than one disk can be stored in one single folder on your harddrive.
- New parameters %DISCNUMBER% and %DISCNUMBER.% (see helpfile) for formatting filenames
- Within the Album-properties dialog you can adopt genre and year for all included tracks at once
- Editing within the title properties dialog is now supported.
- Several reports and analysis are available
- Export titles and albumlists in several formats including HTML, CSV and XLS
- New view for replay tracks (switch using F3)
- Fast-forward the title currently playing by 5, 20 or 120 seconds using shortcuts (see helpfile)
- Encoding and Format for ID3V2-Tags can be set in the settings dialog.
- Searching for the genre within the Quicksearch (Ctrl+F)
- Automated versoncheck on startup (only full version; can be turned off)
- Additional picture formats (e.g. GIF, PNG, PCX...) are now supported.
- New layout for the wizards (easy navigation)
- Associate imported tracks directly to a (new) library within the import wizard.
- In case of an acrive filter, the treeview will be shown in a different color to visualize that a search is active
- New AudioGenie.DLL (some pictures became invalid on saving)
- Unique key violation on very long albumnames or in case of special unicode characters
- MusicBrainz alignment failed for sampler albums
- Autotagging sometimes returned an empty artist
- Autotagging returned a wrong tracknumber
- Coversearch for sampler albums did not work
- Searching for covers at google failed after few minutes
- Using special unicode characters for Tags or Libraries resulted in an index violation on commit
- Changing the folder-structure was not rollbacked properly
- Sort-order for sampler albums was wrong
- Error on rescanning medialibrary fixed
- Synchronizing libraries did not properly copy folder images