AudioExpert - Changelog
Sunday, 22 April 2012 00:00
AudioExpert 9.0 is now available. This version contains the following improvements, extensions and bugfixes:
New view "Show like windows explorer"
AudioExpert offers a new view on your musicfiles. Using the menu "View > Show like Windows-Explorer", AudioExpert will show the files as they are located on your harddrive. The logical-view, where the files are grouped by artist/album independent of their location, is still available.
You can transcode musicfiles while exporting them to a fololder into MP3 format or even re-encode them to a lower quality.
In addition, you can transcode the entire library to the given format. Using any other encoder that supports a command-line like LAME is possible.
The iTunes integration offers the following additional features:
Export playlists from iTiunss
You can export playlists from iTunes to m3u- or pls playlists your harddrive.
Export playlists to iTunes
Export existing playlists from your harddrive to iTunes. Picture is moste likely to the one above, only the direction is changed
Generate playlists from filesystem to iTunes
If you have mucifiles stored in a specific hierarchy and want these files and folders to be created as playlists in iTunes, AudioExpert can do this for you.
It's now much easier to select the colums to display in the listview..
Searching for covers at Amazon
The amazon coversearch as been reworked and offers a better hitrate even if the albums have not been aligned with MusucBrainz.
In some cases an error occured while saving the results.
When importing a CD with an artist named "Various", an error was shown.
UPDATE 04/27/2012: Version 188.8.131.524 is relesed; this version is a pure bugfix release.
Sunday, 19 February 2012 20:30
AudioExpert 8.1.1 is now available. This version contains the following improvements, extensions and bugfixes
- Changing cells with the TAB-Key in the ListView is possible.
- Scrolling using the mousewheel works for lists that do not have the focus.
- You can deactivate the creation of hidden, interal folders within the commit run
- When exporting musicfiles, that are in preview-state, to a directory, the target files will get the latest id-tag information that are still in preview state.
- Aligning albums with musicbrainz will automatically set the tag for the year if an album was found (and no year was set before).
- Some smaller enhancements for the lyrics search
Monday, 16 January 2012 00:00
AudioExpert 184.108.40.2069 is now available. This version contains the following improvements, extensions and bugfixes:
- AudioExpert can read and write lyrics from/to your audiofiles (reimport of existing tracks is necessary). Using the internet database lyricsWiki, you can retrieve missing lyrics online.
- The dialog "unify notation" offers the additional tags for conductor, composer, orchestra and remix-artist
- Some smaller performance optimization on imort and commit run.
- A bigger performance optimizaion on refreshing the treeview (this is only relevant for larger collections containing far more then 20,000 tracks)
- Bugfix: Searching for orchestra, conductor, composer within the detail search did not work
- Bugfix: The albumname of tracks from a CD with a disk-number > 1 was truncated
Sunday, 08 January 2012 21:00
AudioExpert 220.127.116.111 is now available.
This release fixes the albumcoversearch via amazon.
It also includes an improved errorhandling.
Wednesday, 14 December 2011 00:00
AudioExpert 18.104.22.1680 ist now available.
After a major refactoring, AudioExpert now uses the TagLib to write the ID-Tags to the music files. In Addition, some further enhancements and improvements are available.
Page 10 of 17